Projekt menadžment u IT-u

City of Tuzla and Institute for development of young people KULT

Projekt menadžment u IT-u


Bosnia and Herzegovina is currently facing the problem of labor shortage in all sectors, which is mainly caused by the departure of young people from the country. In addition to the lack of manpower, the uneven distribution of jobs by gender is increasingly pronounced. This problem especially applies to women/girls in the IT sector. Girls who graduate from technical colleges, both in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in our local community, more often opt for jobs that are not completely related to their profession, and these are very often jobs that require less responsibility. We witness every day that very often it is the environment that prevents a young girl/woman from starting to build a career in paths that are "not for her". Most girls/women falter in their plans and take established paths that are far from an IT career.

About the project

In the world, only 20-30% of women work as project managers in IT companies. Most of the girls in our environment have never had the opportunity to think about and become familiar with the jobs and tasks that this position entails. This project aims to provide an introduction to these project management methodologies, which will allow young people to gain enough knowledge to be able to easily fit into the project work of the company where they start working. The project will not only include girls/women from our local community, but also men, so that 80% of the young people participating in this project will be women, and the other 20% will be men. The target group of the project is young people between the ages of 18 and 30.


The project "Project management in IT" is planned to hold educational workshops for registered male and female students (with the main focus on female students) with the aim of initial familiarization with the basic concepts of project management.

The project is designed to consist of two parts: theoretical part which will take place online as well as the practical part which will take place live with the participants of the project. In both parts of the project, students will learn about project management methodologies from a professional educator who has a large number of projects behind him and 10+ years of experience.

The theoretical part will consist of two online workshops, where the participants will have the opportunity to get to know through interactive online lectures basic concepts of project management.

The practical part will consist of two workshops that will be held live where participants will work on the management of a specific project. By inserting a practical part, we want to enable students to use the theoretical part knowledge they established and apply it on concrete examples, which turned out to be a good example practices in the previous realizations of our projects.

Our expectations

Through the activities of the project, participants will have the opportunity to get acquainted with theoretical basics of project management through 2 online workshops and then learned theoretical knowledge to apply on to 2 practical workshops. By attending the workshops, participants will have the opportunity to become familiar with the methodologies which is often used in the development of software and/or hardware solutions in the IT sector.

Time and date of the project

Two online workshops/webinars are planned for September 28. and October 5. in the period from 6 p.m. to 8. p.m. h via the Google Meet platform. Two practical workshops are planned for October 8 and 9. in the period from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the premises of Hotel Salis Tuzla.